Job Title: District Director
Location: Grand Island and Kearney
Position Type: Part-time (24 hours week) – Less than 1,000 hours annually
Travel Required: Yes
Date posted: May 17, 2015
Posting Expires: June 15, 2015
Contact: Tera Norris, JA President
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR E-MAIL:
402.467.1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Job Application: District Director
Tera Norris, President
Junior Achievement of Lincoln
285 S 68th St Pl, Ste 580
Lincoln, NE 68510
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has overall responsibility for the Junior Achievement programs in Grand Island and Kearney areas. This includes corporate fundraising, volunteer recruitment and training, marketing & awareness within each community, management of special events, board management and development and teacher recruitment.
- Assures that each Area revenue meets the targeted revenue goal through corporate fundraising and special event fundraising.
- High priority will be focused on corporate fundraising and increasing annual contributions and grants in each community.
- Assures that each Area meets the student impact goal. Recruits teachers and volunteers to meet annual student goals.
- Implements quality improvements to ensure all programs meet model and retention of volunteers and teachers is maintained.
- Communicates with the Board of Directors. Holds regular Board meetings. Works with Board Chair and officers to enhance the stature of the board. Communicates and engages board regularly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
Required: Bachelor degree or equivalent. Computer experience in Excel, Word, Power Point. Excellent and professional writing skills. A reliable vehicle for travel with mileage reimbursement included. Desired: Fundraising management, 2-5 years of related business or nonprofit experience, experience with a nonprofit Board.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
This position will include 1-2 days travel per week to both Grand Island & Kearney. Joining and regularly attending Rotary, and possibly other civic organizations, in Kearney & Grand Island will be required (membership will be paid for by JA). Travel to work in the Lincoln office will be required twice a month. The JA Districts of Grand Island and Kearney are districts under the leadership and management of Junior Achievement of Lincoln, Inc. This position will report to the JA of Lincoln President and Senior Director and will be employed by Junior Achievement of Lincoln, Inc.
Pay will start at $15 per hour with an opportunity to earn an annual incentive if goals are met. Mileage reimbursement.