- Our student impact grew by a whopping 12% over last year’s numbers! During the 2015-2016 school year, JA of Lincoln reached 26,983 students– over 3,000 more than the year before!
- Outreach impact grew in Kearney, Grand Island and Beatrice by 78 classrooms, representing nearly 2,000 students!
- We launched Finance Park Virtual in all Lincoln public middle schools.
- We rolled out all three blended JA programs.
- We hosted the first annual Stock Market Challenge with 225 students participating! Our goal is to double that number in the second year!
- We formed a ten-member Young Professionals Board. In their first year, this talented group recruited 50 additional volunteers to serve in local classrooms. The board will double in size in it’s second year!
- Senior Director of Outreach and Events Jessica States received the JA USA Rising Star award.
- President Tera Norris is one of five finalists for the JA USA Charles Hook award, the highest honor a president can receive. Award to be announced in July.
All of these achievements were made possible by YOU– our friends, volunteers, educators, donors who support our efforts in so many ways all throughout the year. Please know that your time and generosity are never taken for granted! Because of you, we’re building a JA generation– young people who are financially literate, ready to take charge of their futures, and invested in our community. Their success will benefit all of us, and their journeys begin every day in classrooms all over Nebraska. Thank you for investing in them, and for supporting us. Here’s to an even bigger and better 2016-2017!