As we get ready to kick off the 2013-2014 school year, we’re looking back at the successes of 2012-2013 – and it was a truly great year! Let’s break it down…
- We reached 21,900 students in 1006 classrooms (this represents our entire 11 county territory, but most of those students were right here in Lincoln).
- Those numbers represent an increase in middle school classrooms by 240% in two years and high school classrooms by 84% in two years!
- We have grown total classrooms reached by 31% over the last 3 years.
- We were able to do that thanks to 700+ wonderful volunteers!
- We created a new partnership with LPS that will put JA volunteers and curriculum into every high school Business Economics class.
- District of Grand Island is once again healthy and growing, and Kearney will begin having JA programs this year.
- Operation Bright Future (our matching challenge campaign) was a major success! For the first time ever, JA has an endowment to help fund our growth for years to come.
- JA USA recognized our strength and successes with the MetLife Entrepreneurship Award and the Silver Summit Award.
No matter how you look at it, all that adds up to a stand-out year in the history of JA of Lincoln! Of course, we couldn’t have done any of it without our amazing army of volunteers, donors, friends, and supporters. Thank you for caring so deeply about the future of our students.
On to 2013-2014!